by: Priya Monsi
Pastor Sam Goins
SEE A NEED – FEEL A NEED – MEET THE NEED
For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:10 NLT
To those who use well what they are given, even more will be given, and they will have an abundance. But from those who do nothing, even what little they have will be taken away. Matthew 25:29 NLT
EVERYONE HAS A S.H.A.P.E.
“There are different spiritual gifts, but the same Spirit gives them. There are different ways of serving, and yet the same Lord is served. There are different types of work to do, but the same God produces every gift in every person.” 1 Corinthians 12:4-6 GW
“ It is God who produces in you the desires and actions that please Him.” Philemon 2:13 GW
What do I love to do? What do I dream of doing? What fascinates me? (I don’t get bored) Where have I been most effective?
“God has given each of us the ability to do certain things well…” Romans 12:6
“Love from the center of who you are; don’t fake it.” Romans 12:9a Mess
“We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.” Rom. 8:28 NIV
Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others…1 Peter 4:10a NIV
TALK IT OVER
Discussions for Individuals or Groups
1. What are your thoughts about being God’s masterpiece? How would seeing yourself as God’s masterpiece change how we serve others?
2. When you’ve served/volunteered in the past, what tasks did you enjoy the most? Why?
3. What are you naturally good at? (Often things that come natural to us may be difficult for others, these are our natural talents/abilities.) Discuss.
4. How can the differences (Shape) of the individuals found in your Life group help when serving together?
5. How can our life experiences help us to connect with others and serve them?
6. Thinking about the SHAPE of yourself/your Life group where are some areas that you/your group would enjoy volunteering?
7. Brainstorm some ways you/your group can begin serving through small acts of kindness together? Set a time to do one thing. Discuss how we as a church family can move Servolution forward.
8. Pray for God to open our eyes to the needs around us, to break our heart for what breaks His and to give us the courage to act in love in a practical way.
TAKE THE CHALLENGE
LET’S START A SERVOLUTION!!!
EXTREME SERVOLUTION COMMITMENT
I lift up compassion, love, and service, and surrender all of my excuses.
I take up the cause of Christ and commit to live out simple acts of kindness every day.
I refuse to do nothing.
I am a soldier in an extreme servolution!
(Pastor David Jamieson, 2011)