by: Priya Monsi
Pastor Sam Goins
SEE A NEED – FEEL A NEED – MEET THE NEED
We know what real love is because Jesus gave up his life for us. So we also ought to give up our lives for our brothers and sisters. If someone has enough money to live well and sees a brother or sister in need but shows no compassion—how can God’s love be in that person? Dear children, let’s not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions. 1 John 3 NLT
SERVOLUTION = _______________________________
When he saw the crowds, he had compassion for them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.” Matt. 9:36 ESV
For since our friendship with God was restored by the death of his Son while we were still his enemies, we will certainly be saved through the life of his Son. Romans 5:10 NLT
Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too. Phil. 2:3-4 NLV
Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you. Eph. 4:32
If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. James 2:15-17 ESV
JC3 LIFE GROUP - TALK IT OVER
- Share how you served someone last week? How did you feel? How are you going to be a part of the Servolution movement?
- What keeps us from seeing people as God sees them.
- How does God show His love for us?
- What would change if we saw people as Jesus saw them? (sheep without a shepherd)
- What breaks your heart?
- Why is it so difficult to allow ourselves to feel another person’s pain?
- Read the verses again. What jumps out at you? What does God desire?
- Brainstorm some ways your group can begin serving through small acts of kindness together? Set a time to do one thing. Discuss how we as a church family can move Servolution forward.
- Pray for God to open our eyes to the needs around us, to break our heart for what breaks His, and to give us the courage to act in love in a practical way.
TAKE THE CHALLENGE- LET’S START A SERVOLUTION!!!
EXTREME SERVOLUTION COMMITMENT
I lift up compassion, love, and service, and surrender all of my excuses.
I take up the cause of Christ and commit to live out simple acts of kindness every day.
I refuse to do nothing.
I am a soldier in an extreme servolution!
(Pastor David Jamieson, 2011)