by: Priya Monsi
Pastor Sam Goins
SERVOLUTION: significant change in the course of history sparked by simple _________________________________________.
28 For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Matthew 20:28
16 We know what real love is because Jesus gave up his life for us. So we also ought to give up our lives for our brothers and sisters. 17 If someone has enough money to live well and sees a brother or sister in need but shows no compassion—how can God’s love be in that person?
18 Dear children, let’s not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions. 1 John 3 NLT
Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’ Matthew 25:34-40 ESV
1. A complete and radical change ________________________
2. God’s ____________________________________________.
3. A church __________________________________________.
JC3 LIFE GROUP - TALK IT OVER
1. Describe Servolution in your own words.
2. Read Luke 4:17-21. How does this relate to Servolution?
3. Why do you think God places such value on small acts of kindness? (Matthew 25:34-40 on message outline)
4. How has God shown us kindness? How does His kindness make you feel?
5. Who do you know that models small acts of kindness? What do they do?
6. Would you share a story of someone that made a difference in your life with a small act of kindness?
7. What are some small acts of kindness you could do for someone tomorrow?
8. Brainstorm some ways your group can begin serving through small acts of kindness together?
9. Pray for God to open our eyes to the needs around us, to break our heart for what breaks His, and to give us the courage to act in love in a practical way.
WILL YOU TAKE THE CHALLENGE?
LET’S START A SERVOLUTION!!!
EXTREME SERVOLUTION COMMITMENT
I lift up compassion, love, and service, and surrender all of my excuses.
I take up the cause of Christ and commit to live out simple acts of kindness every day.
I refuse to do nothing.
I am a soldier in an extreme Servolution!
(Pastor David Jamieson, 2011)