Pastor Sam Goins
SEE A NEED – FEEL A NEED – MEET THE NEED
Teach those who are rich in this world not to be proud and not to trust in their money, which is so unreliable. Their trust should be in God, who richly gives us all we need for our enjoyment. Tell them to use their money to do good. They should be rich in good works and generous to those in need, always being ready to share with others. By doing this they will be storing up their treasure as a good foundation for the future so that they may experience true life. 1 Timothy 6:17-19
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:27 NIV
And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Hebrews 10:24
Don’t forget to show hospitality to strangers, for some who have done this have entertained angels without realizing it! Remember those in prison, as if you were there yourself. Remember also those being mistreated, as if you felt their pain in your own bodies. Hebrews 13:2,3 NLT
In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in Heaven. Matthew 5:16
But as for you, brethren, do not grow weary of doing good. 1 Thessalonians 3:13
TALK IT OVER
Discussions for Individuals or Groups
1. Why is it so difficult to help/serve someone without having expectations/hidden agendas or strings attached?
2. How do we change this tendency of having hidden expectations; to serve with no strings attached?
3. What are some ways you can serve with extravagant generosity that doesn’t involve giving money? How is extravagant generosity more about my heart/attitude than about what I give?
4. What have been some of the benefits you have experienced, as you have been an agent of Servolution?
5. How can we “let our light shine” as we are serving?
6. How have you seen Jesus show up during Servolution?
7. Brainstorm some ways your group can begin serving through small acts of kindness together? Set a time to do one thing. Discuss how we as a church family can move Servolution forward.
8. Pray for God to open our eyes to the needs around us, to break our heart for what breaks His, and to give us the courage to act in love in a practical way.
LET’S START A SERVOLUTION!!!
EXTREME SERVOLUTION COMMITMENT
I lift up compassion, love, and service, and surrender all of my excuses.
I take up the cause of Christ and commit to live out simple acts of kindness every day.
I refuse to do nothing.
I am a soldier in an extreme SERVOLUTION!
(Pastor David Jamieson, 2011)